COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Update
09 March 2020
Hi Family & Friends of Ultimate Care Facilities,
We write to update you with our ongoing management regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). It is important we take personal responsibility for guarding against the spread of the virus within our facilities and villages. Our older people are more susceptible than most, so vigilance is more important than ever.
To date, we are not aware of anyone in our facilities nationwide who has been affected by the virus. In the event this changes, we will notify this facilities residents and families immediately. From Tuesday 10 March our facilities will be asking visitors prior to entering to complete a Declaration Form requesting the following information:
1. Have you travelled internationally to one of the affected areas in the last 14 days?
2. Have you got family or friends staying who have travelled internationally in the last 14 days?
3. Is there anyone in your household who has flu-like symptoms?
If at sign-in the three questions above are answered as ‘no’, please enjoy your visit. If the answer is ‘yes’ to any of these questions please contact the Facility Manager prior to arriving on site. While visiting, please remember to use the hand-sanitation provided and remember to practice good hygiene including the basics of sneezing/coughing etiquette.
We have prepared our staff in infection control protocols and have the infection control supplies if required.
If you would like to read more please access:
• World Health Organisation https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
• NZ Ministry of Health https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact your Facility Manager
ULTIMATE CARE GROUP