This statement applies to personal information collected through www.ultimatecare.co.nz.
Ultimate Care Group and its homes and villages are bound by the Privacy Act 2020 [Privacy Act and the Health Information Privacy Code 2020 [Code] and comply with this Privacy Statement.
Collecting personal information
We do collect personal information that you choose to give us while using our Website and its services, for example your name, email address and phone number.
We [including our contractors, providers, and agencies] use Website analytic tools to create summary statistics that allow us to assess the number of visitors to different sections of the Website, identify what information is of most and least interest, monitor system performance, and help us make our Website more useful to visitors.
To do this, we may collect, but are not limited to, the following information/ tracking data for data analytics and statistical purposes:
- Your IP address.
- The date and time of your visits to our Website.
- Your clicks and activity on this Website.
- The referring Website [if you clicked through to this Website from another Website].
- Technical information on your browser and device.
- We only use this personal information for the purpose(s) specified at the point of collection and/or we may use the information collected via this Website:
- To provide you with promotional materials, thought leadership or communications about services provided by us or other Ultimate Care Group homes and villages that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To manage and improve this Website;
- To tailor the content of this Website to provide you with a more personalised experience and draw your attention to information about our services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- To seek feedback on our services; and
- For market or other research purposes (however, we will only ever report aggregated results of any research we undertake and will never include your personal information in those results unless you explicitly give us your consent).
Securing of your information
When you are submitting any information via online forms through this Website your information will pass through a secure server using SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. The encryption process ensures that your information cannot be read by or altered by outside influences.
We may store your personal information in hard copy and electronic formats.
All staff and management of Ultimate Care Group are responsible for treating all personal information with care and respect, actively protecting the privacy of every individual we hold information about, and complying with the principles of the Privacy Act.
We use a range of physical, operational and technological security measures to protect this information. These measures include:
- Staff education and training to ensure our staff are aware of their privacy obligations when handling your personal information;
- Administrative and technical controls to restrict access to personal information to only those people who need access;
- Technological security measures, including fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
- Complying with any legislated time frames for retention of information.
All staff and management are responsible for bringing anything that is not consistent with this to the attention of the Group’s Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer is responsible for supporting management and staff to understand and deliver good privacy practice and compliance with the Privacy Act.
Sharing your information
We do not give information about you to other organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- The receiving entity is part of Ultimate Care Group;
- You have consented to us giving the information to someone else;
- It is required or authorised by the Privacy Act or by any other law. For example, to avoid prejudice to the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of offences; for law enforcement; for the protection of public revenue; or for the conduct of court or tribunal proceedings;
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to public health or safety or to somebody's life or health; or
- The information is to be used in a way that will not identify you; or it is to be used for statistical or research purposes and will not be published in a way that will identify you.
Access to personal information we hold about you
You can ask us to give you any information that we hold about you and request that any changes be made to that information.
Ultimate Care Group, PO Box 425, Wellington 6140